Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wednesday 11/11/09 Lee and Timna Update.

mna Update Wednesday 11/11/2009 7:45ish pm Eastern
Timna has not received any sedative since 7:00 am because the doctors want her to wake up again. I'm sitting here while some John Michael Talbot music plays on her CD player. She and I have always liked his music. I have had to relax her when she bites the breathing tube and fights the respirator as she has moments of awareness. Our God Reigns is now playing. How reassuring. Even the nurse is humming along.
Her second dialysis treatment was this morning and removing more of the toxins is allowing her body to fight the infection better. I hate seeing her here with the breathing tubes that I know are aggravating her throat. But, I know it is necessary.
They will be kicking me out (gently) soon for the shift change although some nurses let me stay.
I have been encouraged today seeing her respond more to me. She did try to talk once (probably to scold me) but she went back to sleep from the effort. Her temperature has been holding around 38c. (I'll let you do the math.)
This has taken a while to write because I have been. getting up to calm her a bit more. I don't know if they will be able to hold off on any sedative through the night. It's a balancing act. Let her arouse naturally yet keep her from going into a rapid shallow breathing pattern that does her no good. She is still getting Tylenol and Motrin but they are holding off giving her any more Fentanyl unless she shows signs of distress through the night.
Please pray for continued healing of her kidneys. Right now her urine output is down but I'm told to expect that with dialysis. Very early tomorrow morning they will be taking more blood samples to check how the dialysis is doing among other things.
I'm doing better today since I was able to sleep fairly well last night.
Thank you all for praying for both Timna and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment