Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Update from Lee and Timna Tuesday 11/24/09

Timna Update Tuesday 11/24/2009 11:30-ish am Eastern
I didn't send an update yesterday. Stop looking for it.
Timna was feverish yesterday morning and I was despondent. She would open her eyes briefly then go back to fever world.
She got dialysis yesterday.
She also got a PICC line (peripherally inserted central catheter) and they removed the central line (central venous catheter).
Yesterday afternoon her fever broke and timna became very aware and responsive. My brother was here (MI) from St. Louis and she responded very well to his stories of her nephew and niece as well as looked closely at the pictures he had on his Blackberry.
This morning I found out that Timna (awake and aware) had pulled out her feeding tube during the night... twice. I'd probably never tolerate an 'up my nose with a rubber hose' feeding tube. The feeding directly into her stomach seemed to agravate her pancreas anyway.
She will go down later today for a surgical placement of a feeding tube directly into her small bowel below her duadenum.
Weaning off the respirator continues but intermitantly since she tires and starts breathing rapidly.
She keeps pulling on her breathing tubes but not out... yet.
I am pleased (today) with the slow progress even though setbacks wrench my soul.
She just fell asleep. She needs a bit of sleep right now.
Again, thank you all.


It's hard when every brainstorm results in a power failure.
- Lee Peterman

No comments:

Post a Comment