Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Message from P337 and Timna

Timna Update Thursday 11/26/2009 11:15-ish am Eastern
I woke up this morning with an old hymn running through my brain. I didn't mind.
The lines, " Angels, descending, bring from above echoes of mercy, whispers of love." and "Watching and waiting, looking above, filled with His goodness, lost in His love." struck me with happiness as I arose. I don't think I've ever had that happen to me to such an extent before.
The full lyrics:
Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

Refrain:

This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.

Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels, descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.
When I got to the hospital I found Timna with the bed in a sitting position and her watching bits of the parades between dozing bouts. The nurse said she was doing great this morning.
They can't use the feeding tube for a Thanksgiving dinner since they have to wait 24 hours. She'll have to go hungry on Thanksgiving but there's so much to be thankful for.
She is moving her arms a little more purposeful this morning though there are still some spastic motions. They don't have her tethered and hope she will be able to control herself.
I pray for blessings on each and every one of you on this Thanksgiving day.


It's hard when every brainstorm results in a power failure.
- Lee Peterman

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your updates. So glad it was such a good morning. God Bless you and Timna. Marchelle

    ReplyDelete