Saturday, November 21, 2009

@P337 and Timna Update Saturday 11/21/09

Timna Update Saturday 11/21/2009 Noon-ish Eastern
I was looking forward to seeing my sweet girl this morning. I expected her to be maybe a little stronger but I tried to not have any false expectations. Instead Timna is still aware but feverish. 38.5c 101.3f .
I read some more get well cards and e-mails to Timna but broke down when I was reading a card from my sister. No, no. That's a good thing. I needed to cry. The nurse shared some comfort with me as she handed me the tissue box. A new one. They must buy them by the truckload here.
The saying on the card from my sister:
"There's a saying that God never gives us more burdens than we can bear...
"And if that's true, Then God must think you're very, very strong because this hasn't been an easy time for you.
"I wish there was a way I could shelter you from pain and unhappiness, because if there was, I would.
"But all I can really do is be here for you and keep you in my prayers.
"You are a child of God.
"He made you.
"He loves you and will not forsake you...
"That I know for sure.
"So hang on, keep your faith, and know that you are loved...
"Because believe me, you most certainly are!
"Linda Lee Elrod"
*wipe computer keys dry*
Thank you, Wanda.
On a good note her liver enzymes must be deemed acceptable enough to tolerate a little Tylenol which the nurse gave her around 10:00am.
I don't know yet what could be causing the fever again. At least not specifically. I don't know if they have a clue. Will Timna be strong enough to transfer before thanksgiving? I doubt it. I'll probably be eating a turkey sandwich in ICU 7 while Timna gets some more of that cranberry colored antibiotic.

I know there is just a ton of support out there. This hospital must be getting overwhelmed with all the God's Love deliveries requested. They just poured a new concrete heliport. Must have been because angels wore the old one out.
Please, help wear out the new one.
It's hard when every brainstorm results in a power failure.
- Lee Peterman

No comments:

Post a Comment