Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tuesdays Updates on Lee and Timna with some GOOD NEWS!!

Timna Update Tuesday 11/10/2009 7:30ish am Eastern
The procedure is underway to place the dialysis catheter in Timna's jugular vein. Timna's primary care doctor reviewed the recent developments with me and assured me that holding off with the surgery and getting Timna on dialysis ASAP was the correct decision. Her creatinine levels and BUN numbers had continued to trend upwards through the weekend. Creatinine nearing 6.
I am continuing to depend on the Lord for guidance and her healing. Please pray in concert with me as Timna starts the dialysis treatments.
-- Lee


Timna Update Tuesday 11/10/2009 Noonish Eastern
It's been two hours since everything was cleared for dialysis and they still haven't sent a unit up. I'm getting impatient. The sooner Timna can get rid of the toxins the sooner she can start healing. I guess I'm back to the anger side of grief. This has been one heck of an emotional Yo-yo I've been on. Glad so many of you have been supportive. I sincerely thank you all and please keep praying.
New note! The dialysis unit just arrived. But so did her new bed. (The old bed was not inflating properly.) So, they'll change the bed, and then finally get her started on dialysis. I'm going to get some lunch because I'll only be in the way here.

It's hard when every brainstorm results in a power failure.
- Lee Peterman

Timna Hallelujah Update Tuesday 11/10/2009 6:30ish Eastern
During Timna's dialysis, earlier, I was talking to the tech. and my voice triggered a response in Timna. She started fighting the respirator but quickly quieted when I calmed her. She opened her eyes and looked at me. Her eyes followed my hand as I brushed some hair from her forehead. I gave her some calming words and told her to go back to sleep; which she did. Twice more during the late afternoon she awoke and did the same thing.
Timna's pulse had been mostly between 100 and 112 before the dialysis and after it dropped to the 80 - 93 range. Somewhere towards 60 is normal. Timna's blood will be evaluated tomorrow morning to see how much dialysis to give her tomorrow.
This going in the right direction but she is still a very sick girl.
Please keep praying.
My love to all.
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment