Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wednesday Timna Update Part Two

Timna's Birthday Update Wednesday 12/2/2009 10:15-ish pm Eastern
Just a quick few notes before I go to bed.
Timna's CAT scan with dye injected into her feeding tube did indeed show that the food was going into the periton and not into her digestive system. Two and a half gallons of food wasted... Think of all the starving children in...
Now think of this, if you constantly adjust the insulin drip based on there being a constant food supply you'll have trouble controlling the blood sugar with the blood sugar going too low shutting off the drip and restarting the drip when the sugar bounces back up. I don't know for sure if this was a contributing factor to Timna's cerebral edema, maybe one of you could tell me.
I felt like shouting, "Lots'a food -- No stool -- C'mon Doctors put two and two together!
Dr. Ang wanted to do the surgery tonight to completely clean out Timna's periton with saline. I asked him to caution the anesthesiologist about Timna's cerebral edema... Dr. Ang made a few calls and told me that surgery would have to wait until tomorrow after another CAT scan of her head to see if the edema was lessening.
I think that if it is not lessening surgical pressure relief will be a more pressing matter. To neurology was one of the calls Dr. Ang made.
Sorry about the spelling and grammer, I'm too tired to correct it. Please continue praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment