Sunday, December 13, 2009

A personal Note from Lee (P337) 12/13/09

There are so many of you who have written me that I cannot possibly reply to each message without suffering from dehydration. I do want you all to know that I read and am blessed by each and every message.
Timna's passing was quiet and peaceful yesterday afternoon. Though she was no longer present, the Lord allowed me to hold her in my arms and kiss her as she went to sleep. My brother and a very understanding friend were with us. I had Timna's favorite style of Christian music playing as I had, as much as I could, all during her hospital stay. My tears are no longer completely of grief as I read messages from you of the joy she brought to others.
One family friend wrote about Timna's habit, through out the years, of taking my mother Margaret shopping when my mother was able to go. They would go antiquing and collectible hunting as well as gift buying. Timna and mom both always wanted to make sure people received a gift they would enjoy on special occasions. (Dear Lord, if there are stores in Heaven, don't extend credit.)
We will be celebrating Timna's joy at the Harris Funeral Home in Livonia. A time is not yet set but will most likely be on Wednesday. Timna always liked planning events and producing shows. She worked around a theme and made sure everything was just right for other's enjoyment. I know the theme she would use for this event: JOY!
There will be sorrow but when your tears flow but make sure they are mingled with the joy that was, and is, Timna.

Blessings on you all.
It's still hard.
- Lee Peterman

2 comments:

  1. Lee,
    I do not know how you feel today, however I know all too well the feeling of loosing my best friend in the world. We are truely blessed. Blessed not only to have been lucky enough to have known Timna and David, but to have fallen in love with our best friends, Christians and when we lay our heads down at night, we know where they are. There are so many unfortunate widows and widowers left in this world who are left wondering where their loved ones have gone. They are the ones that need our prayers.
    The pain eases, but as for me, never seems to leave. You are ever in my thoughts and prayers and my shoulder is here whenever you need it.
    Blessings
    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee, I always knee that Timna had a kind and true heart; she was always so loving towards me. May the Lord be with you during the upcoming months and years.

    ReplyDelete