Monday, December 7, 2009

Timna Update Monday 12/7/2009 1:00-ish pm Eastern

Timna Update Monday 12/7/2009 1:00-ish pm Eastern
Last night I had been compelled to return to the Hospital after I had already said goodnight and started for home. When I arrived back in her room, Timna was sleeping deeply again as the nurses talked around her and in the neighboring room as it was being cleaned. When I spoke to Timna she again opened her eyes and blinked a few times with an increase in respiration.
I prayed with her.
While I was praying a thought came into my head: "prolonged hypothermic therapy".
I looked that up this morning and found out that there is a lot of study going on in that area. I gave the information I had to the doctors. I don't know what will come of it but I felt the need to let them know what I had found out.
Today Timna has better renal function. Dialysis had been canceled for yesterday and is not yet scheduled for today. The nurse checked her Creatinine levels and found that they have been holding in a stable pattern for the last three days.
I have been holding back from being presumptuous in knowing what the outcome will be but I still have a raft of peace floating on my ocean of grief.


No comments:

Post a Comment