Sunday, December 6, 2009

Timna Update Sunday 12/6/2009 Noon-ish Eastern

Timna Update Sunday 12/6/2009 Noon-ish Eastern
I've spent a lot of time in Timna's room this morning. There is such a sense of peace there. More than peace: Joy!
Timna roused twice from deep sleep when she heard my voice. Even though the nurse and PCA had been talking already in her room, when I spoke her respiration rate increased and she opened her eyes blinking frequently.
Timna did have a 38.8c 101.8c fever this morning which Tylenol is bringing down. They decided to skip dialysis today. I don't know why.
The family of the patient in the next room (Ken) is gathering en-mass for the 'unhooking'. They brought plenty of tissue but are generally cheerful. Even Ken's wife whom I spoke with at length this morning, is satisfied with the decision and praying for a quick resolution. I will watch their coats for them as requested.
Timna would be making sacrifices to help the family. Someone mentioned to me that she is helping them. After being with the family so much for the last three weeks and basking in their concern for me, I believe that.
"God works in mysterious ways His wonders to perform." - My dad... A lot. But actually the saying is gleaned from a poem by the English Poet William Cowper:
God moves in a mysterious way
his wonders to perform;
He plants his footsteps in the sea,
and rides upon the storm.

Deep in unfathomable mines
of never failing skill,
He treasures up his bright designs
and works his sovereign will.

You fearful saints, fresh courage take;
the clouds you so much dread
Are big with mercy and shall break
in blessings on your head.

His purposes will ripen fast,
unfolding every hour;
The bud may have a bitter taste,
but sweet will be the flower.

Blind unbelief is sure to err
and scan his work in vain:
God is his own interpreter,
and he will make it plain.

I happen to like that poem. I will continue to hold on to the FACT that 'Sweet will be the flower'.
Sweet will be the flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment